EVOSHIELD NOCSAE® CERTIFIED PROTECTIVE CHEST GUARD & SHIRT
EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2020
All NFHS high school baseball catchers must use chest protection certified to the NOCSAE® standard for Commotio Cordis. NCAA® college baseball adoption of this standard is effective January 1, 2021.
WHAT IS COMMOTIO CORDIS?
Commotio Cordis (Latin: “agitation of the heart”) is an often lethal disruption of the heart beat caused by a blow to the chest over the region of the heart by a blunt object (i.e. baseball, lacrosse ball, hockey puck, or fist) at a critical time during the heart’s cycle, causing cardiac arrest.
NOCSAE® CERTIFIED PROTECTIVE CHEST GUARD & SHIRT
Designed to meet the new mandatory NCAA and NFHS guidelines, this chest guard and shirt is designed for athletes of all ages who want unrivaled protection without sacrificing mobility or performance. Don't worry about purchasing new sets of catchers gear to meet these new protection standards. Simply put on the EvoShield NOCSAE® Certified Protective Chest Guard & Shirt under your favorite gear - then hit the field knowing you’re covered by the game's best protection.
SLEEVELESS COMPRESSION SHIRT
- BUILT-IN POCKET for protective NOCSAE® Certified Chest Guard
- TWO PIECE COLLAR AND SIDE MESH PANELS for comfort and breathability
- FIT TYPE: FITTED (tight against the body)
- MACHINE WASHABLE FABRIC: 85% NYLON AND 15% SPANDEX
- CHEST GUARD MUST BE WORN WITH THIS SHIRT TO ADHERE TO NOCSAE® STANDARDS AND THE NCAA & NFHS RULE
NOCSAE® CERTIFIED CHEST GUARD [MODEL: WB57087]
- SAS-TEC™ GUARD extremely lightweight and durable protection
- SEI CERTIFIED PRODUCT This chest protector is certified by SEI to meet NOCSAE® standard for protection against Commotio Cordis
THIS CHEST SHIRT & GUARD CAN BE WORN WITH/UNDER ANY EXISTING GET MORE AT CATCHER’S CHEST PROTECTOR TO MEET NOCSAE® PROTECTION STANDARDS.